Social Security no longer mails statements to home addresses.
You can review your Social Security Statement online. The Statement has important Social Security information and, if applicable, estimates of your future benefits.
If you receive benefits or have Medicare, you can:
Use a my Social Security Online Account to:
- Get you Benefit Verification Letter;
- Check your benefit and payment information and your earnings record;
- Change your address and phone number; and
- Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment
If you do not receive benefits, you can:
Use a my Social Security online account to:
Get your Social Security Statement, to review:
- Estimates of your future retirement, disability, and survivors benefits;
- Your earnings once a year to verify the amounts we posted are correct; and
- The estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid.
Get a benefit verification letter stating that:
- You never received Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Medicare; or
- You received benefits in the past, but do not currently receive them (The letter will include the date your benefits stopped and how much you received that year.); or
- You applied for benefits but haven’t received an answer yet.
We encourage you to set up an account and check your Statement yearly to make sure your earnings record is correct. The Statement also will help in planning your financial future.
To enroll or view your most recent Statement, please visit www.socialsecurity.gov/signin and sign into your account. Please refer to the following guide and video on how to sign up for an account.