2017 Benefits Information for Pre-65 Retirees
The University System of Georgia 2017 Open Enrollment period will be Monday, October 31, 2016 – Friday, November 11, 2016. In 2017, the University System of Georgia will continue to offer four healthcare plan options to active employees, pre-65 retirees and pre-65 retiree dependents.
GSU BENEFITS FAIR
The GSU Benefits Fair will be held in two locations this year:
- Friday, November 4th 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Decatur Campus, Building SF / 2100
- Monday, November 7th 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Student Center Ballroom
During the Fair, you will be able to meet vendors, learn about the changes for Plan Year 2017, and register to win giveaways. Benefits Fairs are taking place at all USG institutions, so if you can’t make these dates, please check out the 2017 Benefits Fair Calendar for more dates and locations that you may attend.
PASSIVE ENROLLMENT / NO MANDATORY TOBACCO CERTIFICATION
This year, Open Enrollment will be a passive enrollment for benefits and the tobacco surcharge. If you do not want to make any changes for 2017, your current coverage will remain for 2017. The tobacco surcharge will remain at $75 monthly in addition to the cost for medical insurance and applies to retirees and dependents age 18 and over. If a retiree makes a change during Open Enrollment, he/she will be prompted to certify his/her tobacco use and for dependents 18+ if enrolled in a USG healthcare plan. You may change your tobacco use status at any time during the year and the change goes into effect the first of the next month.
WHAT TYPES OF CHANGES CAN I MAKE DURING OPEN ENROLLMENT?
Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to change healthcare coverage (if currently enrolled). You can drop dental, vision or life insurance coverage during Open Enrollment or any time during the year. It’s also a good time to update beneficiaries if needed.
2017 HEALTHCARE PLAN PREMIUMS
This year, USG is taking the final step in moving to the defined contribution pricing model for healthcare premiums. This means the employer subsidy will be the same for each plan, at each coverage tier in 2017. Premiums are increasing between 0% – 8% depending on plan enrollment and coverage tier. To see healthcare premiums by plan and medical comparison charts please consult the 2017 USG Comparison Guide.
HEALTHCARE PLAN CHANGES
In 2017, the University System of Georgia (USG) will continue to offer 4 healthcare plan options to pre-65 retirees. A benefits worksheet and a 2017 Summary of Benefits, will be mailed to your home address prior to the start of Open Enrollment.
Changes to Healthcare Plans:
Consumer Choice HSA Healthcare Plan
- The in-network deductible will increase from $1,500 to $2,000 for single coverage and $3,000 to $4,000 for family coverage
- The out-of-network deductible will increase from $3,000 to $4,000 for single coverage and $6,000 to $8,000 for family coverage
- The in-network out-of-pocket maximum will increase from $6,850 to $7,000
Comprehensive Care Plan
- No changes to plan benefits
Blue Choice HMO Healthcare Plan
- Specialist and Urgent Care co-payments will increase from $50 to $60
- The Emergency Room co-payment will increase from $250 to $300
Kaiser HMO Healthcare Plan
- No changes to plan benefits
Dental Plan – Delta Dental
- No changes to the plan benefits
- Dental Rates will increase by 1.7% on the base and high plans
Vision Plan – EyeMed
· No changes to the plan benefits or premiums